March 31, 2020
As a result of Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order issued on March 31, 2020 all Zion Park District facilities will be closed through Thursday, April 30, 2020. This includes all playground equipment and outdoor restrooms.
Our parks will remain open for walking, running and biking however we ask that you follow CDC guidelines while using our parks:
- Refrain from using parks if you are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Follow the CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
- While on trails, warn other users of your presence as you pass, and step aside to let others pass.
- Outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts are not allowed in the parks.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location.
Once we know the extent of our closure, staff will determine class rescheduling or refunds/credits for cancelled programs. We will process refunds/credits once the Park District re-opens.
The Zion Park District continues to work closely with local, state and federal agencies to monitor the rapidly moving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation. As always, the health and safety of our community and our staff is our top priority. We thank you for your understanding and patience!
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com.